Information and registration options for the 2017 season.
Softball players and parents,
With the start of the 2017 season right around the corner, we wanted to pass on a few exciting updates about softball. Starting this season Alfred-Lyman Little League and Shaker Valley Little League will be merging their softball programs together under Shaker Valley Little League. We believe that this will be a tremendous opportunity for both of our softball programs, but especially for the softball players themselves. All of the softball players will now have the opportunity at a younger age to meet and play with teammates that will be with them in our school district. An opportunity to build friendships that will last a lifetime and ease the transition into Middle School.
The basic reasons for the merger are:
- 1) As mentioned above, our players will have the opportunity to meet and play with present or future district classmates and teammates.
- 2) The number of softball players is down over the past several years resulting in fewer teams.
- 3) More softball teams will provide the players with a wider range of competition, be challenged. and play at a higher level.
- 4) The range and experience of coaches available will benefit players of both leagues.
- 5) Little League District 4 has allowed us to merge because of the lower numbers.
Ultimately, the softball program, under Shaker Valley Little League, will mimic many other RSU 57 programs, programs that draw from the entire RSU 57 district. Although, it is a change for both programs, we believe it is a positive change for the kids.
If you have questions regarding the merger, or if you have any questions at all, please email our Softball League Coordinator, Kris Barden, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're ready to play softball, the next step in this process will be registering for the 2017 softball season. All signups will be done online by going to http://www.eteamz.com/shakervalley/ and creating a profile.
The Alfred-Lyman Little League Board of Directors
All Softball players must register on the Shaker Valley website this year and will play under the direction of their league.